Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tele-Marketing Broker

There is this ang moh whom i will not name, keeps calling me from the Philippines, week after week asking me to invest in Tri-Coastal an oil and gas company which claim to be launching their IPO anytime at the end of the year.

Well this guy who speaks with an Australian accent, keeps having the impression that i am some sort of millionaire, earning big bucks whom will buy a few thousand lots shares at one go. I don't know who the heck planted the idea. I trade but not to that extent.

What caught my attention is his claims on Tri-Coastal will be selling each IPO to me at USD $6 and will guarantee a price of $9 to $12 bucks at its launch. Thats a whopping 3 grand minimum per share should things materialize in 3 short months.

I appreciate his effort in enlightening me how such oil exploration company earns money and the exit strategy being used. He is pretty convincing on all these terms but i did a few checks myself as well as advices from friends. One thing for sure, the coy's website looks shabby also there is little information on the company finances. It certainly looks like a Chinese bamboo, rigid on the outside, hollow on the inside. Enron's webbie probably looks better and more convincing.

I turn down every single offer he came up with but if he is right, the opportunity cost is a few thousand dollars per share. If i am wrong i loose a tens of thousands dollars for investing.

Did someone up there send this guy to me so that he can shove some greenbacks into my pocket?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are spreading their tentacles wider (or should that be testicles). I live in Malta and received a call from Talbot & Reese trying to sell me into this also. I am not impressed and hate being pressured.

This is of interest also.

http://www.fsa.go.jp/en/refer/cold/index.html

I will obviously not be taking up the offer to become a millionaire by March.